Sunday, October 14, 2012

Scooby Doo Party: Mystery Machine

Georgia's Scooby Doo party was a huge success!  I'll be posting different elements from her party, but I'm starting with the photo op Mystery Machine we painted.  

Here are some of the photos from the party:
Don't miss the photo of the amazing uncle who served as a stool!  We hung the Mystery Machine from beams of the patio cover.  The lime green tablecloth were attached to the wall was $0.99.  Since I already had the paint, that makes the grand total spent was $0.99.  Can't beat that!

I started by free handing a Mystery Machine onto a voting booth I had been storing for the perfect occassion.  I naively thought that my children would sit back and observe me painting.  Ha!  It quickly turned into a group project (and an experiment to test my ability to let go).

Harper painting.

 
 The Mystery Machine about 3/4 complete.  It isn't quite what I had in mind, but it was perfect in the eyes of the birthday girl and that's what matters.

 Guess I should have used a drop cloth.  Whoops.