Saturday, October 6, 2012

Georgia's Birthday Parties

Yesterday, my daughter Georgia turned five.  It sounds cliche', but it's so true.  The time really does go by so quickly.  To celebrate her five-ness and to give me an excuse to take a break from getting ready for her birthday party tomorrow, I'm sharing with you a review of her birthday parties thus far.

First Birthday: Halloween
Georgia and her cousin Cooper were born 15 days apart.  We celebrated their October birthdays with a Halloween-themed birthday party.  The sweet babies loved their spider cakes with licorice legs.  Georgia looks like a vampire after digging in to the smile first.  



Second Birthday: Tinkerbell
Fairies and pirates united for a day of fun when Georgia turned two.  I found fairy wings and coordinating tutus at the Dollar Tree for each of the little girls to wear.  Boys wore pirate hats and hooks.  My favorite elements of the party were the glittery fairy wands that lined the walkway.





Third Birthday: Alice in Wonderland
This may be my favorite party yet.  The treats were amazing, if I do say so myself.  Lollipop flamingos, marshmallow pops topped with red chocolate roses, "Eat Me" cookies, heart & blue dress cupcakes were just the start.  My mother-in-law sewed up a storm for this party with the custom Mad Hatter tablecloth and adorable Alice dress.

I used a projector to trace all of the characters also which filled the yard with Wonderland wonderfulness.  



Fourth Birthday: Rapunzel
Georgia loved Tangled, a Disney movie based on the story of Rapunzel.  Pictured plastic tablecloth flags bunting flags with paper flowers.  The party also featured handmade hair bows, mini-donut towers, and a diy piñata.

The dining room became the Snuggly Duckling.  Since we were close to Halloween, I was able to find fake rats, axes, and gray cheesecloth to make it seem even more shady.



Fifth Birthday: Scooby Doo
The party's tomorrow, and I can't wait to share all the things that make Georgia say, "Jeepers!"