Monday, October 29, 2012

DIY Scooby Doo Dog Collars

If I had to pick the biggest hits from the Scooby Doo party, I would say the Case of the Disappearing Cake Mystery and these Scooby Doo dog collars.

                           

To make your own, you'll need:
* Ribbon (I used blue 5/8 inch ribbon cut into approximately 13 inch pieces)
* Velcro dots (I used adhesive velcro dots that I let set for 24 hours)
* Metal rings (found in the jewelry section of my craft store)
* Shrinky Dinks (design your own, plain sheets found on Amazon)


I drew the logo from Scooby's collar using a black colored pencil.  It's two diamonds and the letters "S" and "D," so it was within my artistic ability.  I did leave some blank for kids who wanted to design their own.

                                       

Using colored pencils, the kiddos could color their tags.  Then we followed the package directions to "magically" shrink them in the oven.  Don't forget to punch a hole in the tag prior to placing them in the oven or you won't be able to put them on your collar!

Considering the party guests were five and under, this was their first experience with Shrinky Dinks.  It was so much fun for them (and their parents)!


Everyone was so happy with their finished product!