Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dessert-Themed Classroom

This baker's been on a diet.  So to further tempt/torture myself, I themed my entire classroom around the  delicious treats I've been working so hard to avoid.  

Here's board number one.  Each student has their name written on a cookie.

The first week, students made an ice cream cone to represent themselves using this ice cream glyph I created.  I was stoked so many picked that they were excited to start school.  Students also interviewed a classmate and wrote a newspaper article introducing that person in an assignment called "Here's the Scoop."

To tie in the desserts to our curriculum, we'll be making edible class projects throughout the year.  We made sugar cookie animal cells that we scrumptious.  Perhaps the sugar rush will energize the students a little more.