Sunday, May 20, 2012

Adios Month of Fiestas

Could it be true?  Our fiesta season is done for 2012?  Sadly, the fiesta box went back into the garage until Cinco de Mayo, 2013 (if the world doesn't end in December, of course).  Here are some photo highlights from our celebrations!

Decorations


My mother-in-law made festively colored tablecloths which we topped with paper runners from Birthday Express.  The donkey pinatas came from a dulceria near my house.  $5 each!  
We planted cacti and succulents in cans with labels in Spanish and decorated with pom pom trim.  Other than my nephew eating the planting soil and then vomiting, it was a super easy project.  

 My sister made ruffled streamers in brought colors thanks to a tutorial from Dana Made It.  We also hung paper lanterns covered in crepe paper to look like pinatas (here's the tutorial... Urban Scarlet).

I adore these.  I collected wine bottle of the same size (by collecting I mean required my family to drink wine).  With some spray adhesive and ton of glitter, I made some glittery goodness. 


This vase was an Olvera Street purchase a few years ago.  

Another time I'm so excited to have talented friends and family!  Check out the super awesome candle Patrick Carrie whipped up.  I loved that as the night went on the light illuminated Matt's face.

Fiesta Napkins from the Dollar Tree.  Can't beat the price!

Food

We hired a taco cart to cater the food for the party.  No one had to stand around BBQ-ing hamburgers for hours on end, and it cut down on how much we needed to do ahead of time.  I added some additional things (like salad, fruit, and corn cake), but having someone cook ruled.  


Treats!  The pan dulce was yummy, even if it wasn't homemade.  Also pictured are Mexican ring cookies from All Recipes.  I took the tutorial for making pinata cookies and instead made star-shaped ones instead.  


I like cupcakes.  I like churros.  Why not have them together?  

 May I offer you some guacamole or salsa?  The printables came from Catch My Party Blog.

The party was muy bien.  Thanks everyone for your help and celebrating Matt's accomplishment!