Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter Eve's Eve

It's two days before Easter, but why wait to start consuming baskets full of sugar? 

Our house is having a "Hop" viewing party and snacking on some Bunny Bait.  Now, there's some background info you need.  First, I'm on spring break (WHOOO HOOOO!) so I've had more time than normal to check out my favorite blogs.  Earlier in the week, I entered a contest on Babble.com.  The spring break fairies sprinkled their magic upon me, and I won a free copy of the movie "Hop."  We took Georgia to see it in theaters last Easter so she was extra excited with the news.

Bunny Bait is a new sugar-coma inducing snack in our house, but it kept popping up on Pinterest boards and blogs.  Essentially, it is a candy trail mix....but that feels like I'm underselling it.  I did confuse my children by titling it "bait" because that led them to believe we are going to try to catch the Easter Bunny.  

My clever mom-ness kicked in and I weaved a tale of how eating Bunny Bait brought out our inner-bunniness.  That was believable since after eating some, my girls began hopping.  

Want our recipe?


Bunny Bait Ingredients:
3 c. popped popcorn (keep those kernals out)
1 c. M & M's
1 c. mini-marshmallows
1/2 bag of Wilton's Candy Melts
Handfuls of sprinkles

How to Make Bunny Bait:

Start by placing popped popcorn onto a cookie sheet.  

Sprinkle M & M's and mini-marshmallows over popcorn.

 Melt Candy Melts according to package directions.  Drizzle chocolate over mixture.  Who cares if it clumps in places?  Just claim that section for yourself.

Add sprinkles over mixture.

 Let Candy Melts harden.  Break into pieces and enjoy.

If you're not going to eat it all yourself in one sitting, I found this super cute free printable from Tammy Mitchell Photography.