Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gobble, Gobble!

I have a little bit of guilt that I'm ignoring Thanksgiving as my anticipation for Christmas grows.  Hostess with the Mostess had a super cute party for kids recently, and it's getting back in the creamed corn/mashed potato mood.


I particularly adore the tissue fan behind the forks.  I particularly adore any easy, low cost projects that make things look adorable.

Since we're on the topic, one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions is singing the "fat turkeys" song.  My sister taught me this song years ago and singing it never gets old (even when you throw in the fact that I'm a vegetarian and kinda wish the turkeys were there for living).

Sung to the tune of "The More We Get Together"
 

Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.  
Fat turkeys, fat turkeys.
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.
Fat turkeys are we.


We're not here for living,
We're here for Thanksgiving!
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.
Fat turkeys are we.  


What are you doing (eating, singing) for Turkey Day???