Monday, October 10, 2011

Glittered Candle Holders

When you're four, your bling is glitter.  Glittery nail polish, glittery chapstick ("makeup"), even glittery stickers are so much better than the plain.  I found this tutorial for glittered votives at the Glitter Guide and knew I needed to glitter up Georgia's party.  

I think she approves.  

I started by harassing everyone on the planet who currently has a baby to acquire enough jars.  

To make the jars with stripes, I used double-sided tape and Martha Stewart's fine glitter in yellow & purple.  

To make the jars covered in glitter (which I prefer), I used Martha Stewart's glitter glue, but I don't see why Elmer's wouldn't have worked.  I covered the part I wanted sparkly in a thin layer of glue and rained glitter upon it.  

In the original tutorial, they used candles to light em up.  Since my party was mostly children, I opted for battery-operated flameless candles.  They were $20 for 24 at Michael's, but I had my handy dandy 40% off coupon.  Expect to see those again.