Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh, My Darling Mason Jars

Summer's almost over, and now is the time to stock up on mason jars.  For you non-canners, mason jars are typically only available during the summer months when fruits, like strawberries, are in season.

Walmart sells a 12-pack for $15.68 on their website, but my neighborhood grocery store had them on sale for $8 not too long ago.

I use mason jars for everything.  They're centerpieces, dessert jars, props for a western general store, and great marble storage for when you're bribing your child to stay in her own bed at night.

Need a super easy mason jar centerpiece?


 I made tags using my Cricut of sea shells for a pink & yellow beach-themed baby shower.


We tied the tags with ribbon around the jars and stuck some flowers in them.  Super easy.